“12 Virtual Reality Stats That Will Blow You Away”
Lets count them down!
- The virtual reality market could be worth $30 billion by 2020
- 500 million VR headsets could be sold by 2025
- 171 million people could be using VR hardware and software worldwide by 2018
- You’ll have to wait up to four months for an Oculus Rift headset
- Google’s Cardboard app has been downloaded up to 10 million times
- One million people have used Samsung’s Gear VR over the past month
- Nearly 1.3 million people subscribe to the YouTube 360 channel
- Over one million hours of video have been watched on Gear VR
- 250 apps are available for that ecosystem
- 200,000 developers have already registered to build games for the Oculus Rift
- 28 million people could be paying for VR hardware and content by 2018
- There are currently 685 virtual reality start-ups with an average valuation of $4.5 million
Draw your weapon! No, literally, draw your own weapon. How do you want it to look? The prototype for Draw Your Blade is out.
By The Verge
There was a fire fight! The platform wars wage on.
Daydream – “because Daydream requires Google-certified hardware specs within the host Android phone, most consumers won’t be able to update their existing Android smartphone and get the full Daydream experience.”
HoloLens – “Microsoft sees HoloLens as a product from which other hardware vendors can draw inspiration. Microsoft listed off a who’s who of key hardware players as partners, including Intel, AMD, Qualcomm, HTC, Acer, ASUS, CyberPowerPC, Dell, Falcon Northwest, HP, iBuyPower, Lenovo and MSI.”